UPSC Civil Services (Main) 2019: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the admit cards of the Civil Services (Main) Exam 2019 today, August 31, 2019. All the candidates who have successfully cleared the UPSC CSE (Prelims) 2019 can download the same from the official website of the commission, the link for which is upsc.gov.in
This year, the commission will conduct the Civil Services (Main) Exam 2019 from September 20 to September 29, 2019. In total, 11,845 candidates have been shortlisted to appear for the UPSC Civil Services (Main) 2019 examination.
UPSC Civil Services (Main) 2019: Steps to download the admit card
Step 1: Log on to the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in
Step 2: On the homepage, look for the link which says “UPSC Civil Services 2019 Main Exam e-Admit Card’
Step 3: Enter your registration number/roll number along with the password
Step 4: Click on submit
Step 5: UPSC Civil Services (Main) 2019 admit cards will be displayed on the screen
Step 6: Download it and take a print out of the same for future reference.
UPSC Civil Services (Main) 2019: Exam pattern
- The main examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test.
- The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out in subsection (B) of Section II out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature. Also, see Note (ii) under Para I of Section II (B) Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper-I to Paper-VII) and marks obtained in an interview for personality test will be counted for ranking.
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the main examination as may be fixed by the commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test, vide sub-section ‘C’ of Section II.
- The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice of the number of vacancies to be filled.
- The interview will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
- Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the main examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking. Candidates will be allotted to the various Services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various Services and posts.
UPSC Civil Services (Main) 2019: Selection procedure
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
About UPSC Civil Services examination:
The UPSC conducts the civil services examination for recruitment to the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and other central services and posts in accordance with the rules published by the Department of Personnel and Training in the Gazette of India extraordinary.