Every year the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CPO (Central Police Organisation) exam. SSC CPO is an amazing opportunity for aspirants who wish to serve the country by joining the police and paramilitary forces. There is a huge pool of posts under SSC CPO exam. Among all the government exams, SSC CPO is one such job which allows you to work in the national interest and serve your country.
In this article, we shall provide you with some effective tips to prepare for the SSC CPO exam and crack the government exam in the first attempt. Some of the preparation tips include:
- Stay updated: As an aspirant, you should stay updated about the SSC CPO Official Notification. You should skim through the notification thoroughly to understand the eligibility criteria, pay scale, basic requirements, roles and responsibilities of the job and other relevant details and analyse if you’re eligible to apply for the position.
- Analyse the SSC CPO syllabus and exam pattern: Go through the SSC CPO exam pattern and syllabus and divide your topics according to the weightage of questions from each section. Before applying for any exam, it is important for every aspirant to know what the exam syllabus comprises and analyse what are the different sections of the exam and marks allotted for each section.
- Refer relevant books and study materials: While preparing for the SSC CPO exam, it is important that you should collect important study materials and books for the exam. Identify important exam topics and search for good books and references online. Try to keep up with accurate and useful SSC CPO study materials.
- Practice more: As an aspirant, you should practice more mock tests and refer to previous years’ questions papers to get an understanding of the exam pattern and figure out the expected number of questions from each section and the marks allotted to them. By practising more, you’re in a better position to improve your analytical and logical skills. Besides, a good practice session also helps you to clear your doubts about the respective section.
- Maintain speed and accuracy: While preparing for the SSC CPO exam, you should take occasional mock tests, not just to understand the section-wise weightage of questions, but this also helps you to judge how much time you need to devote for each question and also try to attempt it accurately. Having done that, you’re in a position to answer more questions accurately and score well in the examination. One key thing to remember is to improve your speed in solving the paper on time and try to cut down on unnecessary and silly mistakes to avoid negative marking.
For more effective tips on how to prepare and score well in any Government exam, stay tuned with BYJU’S and stay updated about the latest content about various exams. In case of any clarification, you can contact our Academic Counsellors and learn more.